O clap your hands, all peoples;
Shout to God with the voice of joy.
For the Lord Most High is to be feared,
A great King over all the earth.
Sing praises to God, sing praises;
Sing praises to our King, sing praises.
For God is the King of all the earth;
Sing praises with a skillful psalm.
God reigns over the nations,
God sits on His holy throne.
For the shields of the earth belong to God;
He is highly exalted.
from Psalm 47
Then the Lord spoke to Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tent of meeting, on the first of the second month, in the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt, saying, “Take a census of all the congregation of the sons of Israel, by their families, by their fathers’ households, according to the number of names, every male, head by head from twenty years old and upward, whoever is able to go out to war in Israel, you and Aaron shall number them by their armies.
• the tribe of Reuben were 46,500
• the tribe of Simeon were 59,300
• the tribe of Gad were 45,650
• the tribe of Judah were 74,600
• the tribe of Issachar were 54,400
• the tribe of Zebulun were 57,400
• the tribe of Ephraim were 40,500
• the tribe of Manasseh were 32,200
• the tribe of Benjamin were 35,400
• tribe of Dan were 62,700
• the tribe of Asher were 41,500
• the tribe of Naphtali were 53,400
• all the numbered men were 603,550
the tribe of Levi you shall not number, nor shall you take their census among the sons of Israel. But you shall appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of the testimony, and over all its furnishings and over all that belongs to it
the Lord spoke to Moses and to Aaron, saying, “The sons of Israel shall camp, each by his own standard, with the banners of their fathers’ households; they shall camp around the tent of meeting at a distance.
Thus the sons of Israel did; according to all that the Lord commanded Moses, so they camped by their standards, and so they set out, every one by his family according to his father’s household.